Re: How to enable serial interrupt of 16550

"Aniket S Joshi" <aniketsj@myw.ltindia.com> writes:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Thanks for your valuable support
>
> The serial Driver API for 16c550 is in ser_16x5x.c file
> But at the top of this file following lines present:
> "
> // Only compile driver if an inline file with driver details was selected.
> #ifdef CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X_INL
> "
> Till now i am not able to enable the option CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X_INL.
> how to enable this option ? what is the procedure?

This definition is output into the system.h config file by the se77x9
serial package. You don't need to do anything to make it work.

> As mentioned in the comment inline file for serial port is "sh_sh3_se77x9_16x5x.inl"
> Pls help me to solve this problem.
>
> FYI: In my ecos configuration file Hardware serial device driver
> option is enable...  But help window shows following discription for
> the SH SE77X9 Serial 1 driver (Super IO) "This option includes the
> serial device driver for the COM1 port. FIXME: Disabled due to being
> broken."  pls confirm....

There's your problem. The whole 16550 support here was disabled. I
have no idea what the problem was. You can only re-enable it by
flipping the calculated value in ser_sh_se77x9.cdl. However you then
have to deal with whatever issues caused it to be disabled in the
first place.