connect eCos to RedBoot

hello all
I want to created the RedBoot on X86 (PC) target
system with ecos2.0. I want to connect the host target
with the PC target through serial port.
I'm building the Redboot image (redboot.bin) and but
it on floppy disk (using
dd conv=sync if=install/bin/redboot.bin of=/dev/fd0)
and then build the eCos library.
When i want to communicate between the two targets by
following this proceedure on the host target (eCos):
1- enter the command line tool
2- change to the working directory
3- entering the debugger which is i386-elf-gdb
4- (gdb) set remotebaud 38400
5- (gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
    when I'm doing this the PC taget will be halted,
so     i can do nothing than restart it. but I can
        continue the procedure on the host target.
6- load file.exe
   this file will be loaded and the an output appear
    showing the size of all .text, .rodata, .data and
     the lma for all of them. Also showing the
transfer      rate.
7- continue
   output continuing..
   and enter eneless loop.

could you tell me where is the problem and what I'm
doing to solve it?
Is the proceedure true?
What I'm doing on the RedBoot side?

                           Thanks