Ph:+91-821-2402561 Ext:2765
FAX: +91-821-2403752
http://www.lntemsys.com

>>> Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> 08/30/04 08:00PM >>>
On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 06:33:46PM +0530, Aniket S Joshi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I am using Hitachi 7729 Platform with Ecos for my project & using network connection for my code download & debugging using insight.
>
> using serial port of the controller for my application. but whenever i use any printf command in my code (for debugging) serial communication interrupt gets disturbed (it prints all the incoming data at a streatch (not as it comes , looks like pending interrupt) ,
>  I assume GDB has higher priority than serial (or any other).
>
> How to change the interrupt priority of GDB? I want to make it the lowest.
> One more question..... How can i disable debugging feature in my application?

The hal diagnostis serial device driver is polled busy wait, not
interrupt driver. Since you are using gdb over ethernet you can use a
proper interrupt serial driver for the serial port. Enable
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES.

yes , i am using interrupt serial driver only. But whenever i use printf command in my code serial interrupt misbehaves.
To make the point ...
I am using serial port for MODBUS implementation. I have one free running timer...on every reception of serial byte i am coping free running timer data to array. which is working fine (timer data difference between consicutive serial bytes are proper ) until printf statement is not used. If i use printf statement in my code (in main function ...not in interrupt) timer data difference becomes very less ...looking at data looks like pending interrupt.

pls guide

        Andrew