PPP-Stack dial-into

Hi,

Nick wrote in
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2004-07/msg00444.html
> The expectation was that most eCos devices would be solitary remote
devices that were dialled into,
> or dialled out. So a single PPP connection would be the ususal case.

I'm surprised at the possibility to dial into the device.
When I see the API for PPP, it seems that only dial out is usable.

In the latest Reference Manual the API for PPP is described:

"cyg_ppp_up() This function starts up a PPP connection."
One may conclude that  the function starts a connection to a remote server.

"cyg_ppp_wait_up() This function waits until the PPP connection is running
... may take some time to complete, especially if dialling a remote server"
Does this suggest that cyg_ppp_up() is used for dial out only?

How do I have to stimulate the device through the API so that the device
waits for a dial into connection?

Best regards
Thomas Motz