Re: Re: [ECOS] GDB connect via UART failed

Darryl,

    Thank you for your comment. I used CygWin under Win2K. The settings and the COM channel I used is correct. I used this channel fine on other boards with the same settings.
    Yesterday, I debuged this RedBoot[ROM] code with the Multi-ICE gdb stub. I found that, in function __getpacket, there are characters coming from COM channel, but never built up a complete packet for GDB and return. So I made a test, In hyper terminal, I pasted a string from a notepad to it. e.g. 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz', but the hyper terminal showed that 'abcdefg?jkl?opqrst?wxyz'. So I guess, when the COM channel runs with a continuous stream, there will be some mistakes with some characters. So is the GDB packet stream.
    This means that, there is something wrong with the UART settings. But where is it? Host? or the board? I used 57600 bps. Any special settings with SNDS100(S3C4510B)? Or anyone has debuged with COM channel on SNDS100 correctly?

BRs
Jourdon Shell

周杰伦在"第一现场"与你面对面 http://smspop.163.com/special/jay200408/index2.html