Re: Lexar 4189 support

"Andrew Dyer" <adyer@righthandtech.com> writes:

> I believe "Bhaskar" is suffering from dyslexia (and a tendency to
> spam multiple mailing lists and newsgroups with the same question).
>
> What he/she's most likely asking about is a lexRA (not lexAR) 4189
> which is pretty close to a MIPS.  Lexra sold RTL soft cores
> for integration into asics and eventually was bought by MIPS.

Ah, yes, that makes sense. Perhaps Google should have a "dyslexia"
button that looks for likely misspellings :-)

> IIRC Lexra's first parts were basically MIPS I compatible (minus
> the LWL/LWR/SWL/SWR instructions) and changes to the memory management.
> I don't know about the state of gcc for lexra.

MontaVista list it as a suported MIPS variant. This implies that it is
supported in the toolchain, but since it seems to be an obsolete part,
that support may be gathering dust. Within eCos I would expect to
simply treat it as just another MIPS variant.