function executed under idle thread context

We are looking at 4 threads in our system
- Idle thread
- Init Thread (this creates the two threads mentioned below)
- Timer (this thread gets executed every 10 ms)
- App (this thread does most of the work)

We have a utility function which wraps some debug code around
cyg_mbox_put - that we expect to get executed under context of either
Init thread, Timer thread or App thread.

We added some debug code in the utility function to verify this.  Using
Cyg_Thread::self and getting the thread id inside the utility function
shows that the utility function sometimes also gets executed under the
context of idle thread.

We have not changed/added any code to idle thread or architecture
specific idle thread functions.

Is there an issue with a scheduler or the way ISR/DSR's are handled that
can cause this to happen?

Regards,

Ajay Dudani