Re: RE: ctrl-c in GDB

"Vikas K. Prasad" <vikas.prasad@ittiam.com> writes:

> Nick,
>
> Thank you for giving me the direction. Here is what happens
> when I try to put the break point in 'start()'.
>
> (gdb) b *0x4100190
> Breakpoint 1 at 0x4100190
> (gdb) c
> Continuing.
>
> Breakpoint 1, 0x04100190 in start ()
> (gdb) s
> Single stepping until exit from function start,
> which has no line number information.
>
> >From this, I am doubting if the code generation is proper.

As Andrew points out, this is assembly code. You need to use the "si"
command to step through one instruction at a time.

> Here is a snap shot of target.ld file. There is lots of
> stuff generated at 0 (where my SRAM is mapped) and the
> usual stuff at 0x4100000 (SDRAM from where I am running
> eCos). Please help me on this. I am not getting
> sufficient info to generate proper target.ld.

According to your initial message you are running on the
Excalibur/ARM922T. I suggest you make sure that everything is working
with the standard memory layout first before making changes. Bear in
mind that RedBoot will have set up the MMU to remap things to
different virtual addresses from the physical ones before your RAM
application is loaded.