Shutdown socket results in cyg_callout_reset assertion

Hi,
I have made a Telnet server in eCos. Everyting is ok in the communication but when the server tries to close the connection with the client i get following assertion:

ASSERT FAIL: <3>timeout.c[317]cyg_callout_reset() delta is right now, or even sooner!
ASSERT FAIL: <3>timeout.c [ 317] cyg_callout_reset() delta is right now, or even sooner!

It does not matter if I close the connection with the shutdown or close function. However, if i close the client connection first and then the server connection then everyting is ok.

What could this be? Is it possible to close the socket in another way?

I'm using eCos (with FreeBSD stack) on a i386 PC with a 82559 ethernet PCI card.

Best Regards,
Joel