Re: Error: Socket was forcibly closed by remote host

Hi all

Well we analyzed the network data with Ethereal. We find that during the
Redboot initialization, the DHCP protocol works fine. The flow is as
follows:

Board                                    DHCP Server
------------                          -------------------

DHCP INIT             ----->
                                <-----     DHCP OFFER
DHCP REQUEST   ----->
                                <-----     DHCP ACK

But during the application image execution, the DHCP phase goes as follows:

Board                                    DHCP Server
------------                          -------------------

DHCP INIT             ----->
                                <-----     DHCP OFFER
DHCP REQUEST   ----->
                            (TIMEOUT)
DHCP REQUEST   ----->
                            (TIMEOUT)
..
..
..
"BOOTP/DHCP Failed on eth1"

Why could this be happening? We are also including the DNS package while
building our application library. Could this by any chance have any effect?

I have attached the Ethereal capture data for both Redboot and application
DHCP handshakes [PLZ OPEN IN ETHEREAL].

Regards

Chandrashekhar Padiyar