Re: Redboot from scratch

Am Dienstag, 5. Oktober 2004 20:44 schrieb Anthony Tonizzo:
> Gary:
> > Just build
> > a RAM version - it doesn't matter that it wants to start
> > at an address other than 0.  Download it using your
> > wiggler and start it at the beginning.
>
> Well, I am afraid that is what the problem is: I compile a
> RAM version of my RedBoot, I download it and run it, but it
> does not work. I have blamed the problem to the relocation,
> but perhaps I have to look at something else.
>
> I am fairly confident that the RedBoot settings are correct
> (RedBoot compiled for ROM is running fine in a similar
> target with preprogrammed flashes). I have resumed the
> testing on a tried and trusted MBX board (for which I can
> flash the memory at will) but the results are always the
> same: I flash the ROM Redboot and it runs fine, but the
> moment I switch to a RAM Redboot and download it with the
> wiggler, nothing works.
>
> Am I missing something?

I think on most platforms, the basic initialsation code is
missing in the RAM version. This includes for example
remapping of RAM to 0x0 on some ARM processors.

All this things have to be made with the wiggler instead,
before loading and starting RedBoot.

Roland

VS Vision Systems GmbH, Industrial Image Processing
Dipl.-Ing. Roland Caßebohm
Aspelohe 27A, D-22848 Norderstedt, Germany
http://www.visionsystems.de