clock_settime() help

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with calling the clock_settime()
function.  My application has the need of setting the
clock to the current time.  At first, I called
clock_settime() inside my ISR, and then outside of
this ISR, I called clock_gettime() to verify if the
current time was set.  I noticed that sometimes
clock_settime() failed because clock_gettime()
returned a non-current time value.  So I decided to
call clock_settime() in a thread with all interrupts
disabled by calling function cyg_interrupt_disable().
However, I still observed the same failure as before.

Could anyone explain to me how I should be using
function clock_settime()?  Its implementation is very
simple - just change the counter value.  However, it
looks like if the kernel is in certain states, then it
won't allow anything to change this counter value.

Thanks.