RE: RE: Thread-aware debugging w/ Redboot on ARM?

> From: Gary Thomas
>
> Interrupts are masked.  They will still be there when you resume the
> program.  Note: on some hardware (architectures) there are interesting
> anomalies here.  If you single step (from GDB) and there are interrupts
> pending, some architectures will actually execute the entire interrupt
> handling path while on others you may end up stepping into the interrupt
> handler code.

Boy, I know how hard that is. I wrote a debugger for x86 chips once, and had
to become an expert in all the different ways that these chips deal with the
combination of single-step and other interrupts. It took a couple weeks of
experimenting, just to write a single piece of code that could reliably
single-step on 86, 186, 286, 386 and 486 CPUs.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco