RE: Newbie network problem

Andrew,

Thanks for the help. The local tests (ping_lo_test & tcp_lo_test) appear to
work fine.

Now I'm trying to walk through the 'ping_test' and a little lost. The
behavior I'm seeing is something of the following:

-----

When I run the app, over the first ~12 sec it throws out five ARP's to the
server, each of which is matched by a reply to the device that the device
does not appear to get. "recvfrom: operation timed out"

The device then puts out five ARP's looking for the bogus host
(192.168.0.33) which go unanswered and we see the "sendto: host is down"
messages.

The app thread then ends, "EXIT:<done>", but I leave the device running
(with the network threads going).

About 90 seconds later the server sends out a broadcast looking for a
different computer entirely (but it's the first broadcast since the app
ended).

100ms after that an ICMP Ping Request from the device appears on the wire!
Followed by an immediate reply by the host.

Then the network isr/threads on the device start reporting Rx packets coming
in(mainly 60 bytes in len) but the app is long since dead.

-----

I'm assuming there's some sort of interrupt or thread priority problem, but
am having trouble narrowing it down. Any suggestions on where to look?

Frank