Re: Can redboot load wince

Hello again,

On Thursday 20 January 2005 15:08, you wrote:
> Hello jerzy
>
> > First you must describe your situation ( if you expect any help ):
> > - What is it your platform, which processor you use?
>
> My custom board uses SH7760 processor (one of SH4). It has 8M bytes flash
> from the address 0x0, and 64M bytes SDRAM from the address 0x0c000000. It
> uses SCIF1 as the console port.

I use different platform (custom board with IXP425 - based on IXDP425 borad)
so I can only describe my situation (probably help you). Wince kernel ( I
think that because I had running version and my task was to port wince to
boot sequence:  eCos loader -> eboot.nk0 ->nk.nk0 or eCos loader -> nk.nk0) -
nk.nb0 (nk.bin is a executable version, nk.nk0 is rom version) is prepared to
start up direct from flash and I had to do:
- switch off SDRAM configuration - redboot done that
- switch off chip select - depends on what you need (extra hardware on board).
- copy image to proper place - in wince are two constant ( I don't remeber
name) 1 - address of eboot, 2 - offset beetwen eboot and kernel ( this
constant are in ARM V ).
Everything above was in startup routine.
Last thing was connected with endian. Because core fetch instruction in big
endian mode I must swap wince image to big endian.

Best Regards,
jerzy