Re: Re: FAT file system on floppy -> what do i need

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 05:55:59AM +0530, B.E.Comp Project wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:05:38 +0100, Savin Zlobec <savin@elatec.si> wrote:
> > 'Long time ago' David N. Welton made a port of an existing FDC driver to
> > eCos.
> > It doesn't have io_disk interface since it was done prior to disk/fat,
> > but it is probably
> > a good starting point. You can find the sources in the ecos-devel list
> > archives :
> >
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-devel/2003-08/msg00025.html
> >
> > savin
> >

> what are the required changes/enhacements that i must to do provide
> "io_disk interface".
> could you please elaborate on it . i need some more references/documentation.

I suggest you read one of the existing disk drivers. The interface is
relatively simple, block read/block write etc.

> one more query
> FAT support package running on synthetic target  access the floppy
> disk files...will that need this FDC driver or can it do without that.

Synth does not need an FDC driver since it does not have an FDC. It
just puts the filesystem inside a file on the native OS. If you were
to make this file /dev/fd0 it should then be able to access the real
floppy, but normally you just use a file.

        Andrew