JFFS2 (Again!!)

Hi All,

The battle with JFFS2 continues...

We are trying to stream a file over a serial connection in JFFS. We have
encountered a number of problems whilst doing this, and this is the
latest.

Occasionally we get the following error messages reported:

<4>jffs2_do_read_inode() on nonexistent ino 3
jffs2_read_inode() failed

os_to_jffs2_mode() cannot convert 0x0
BUG() at /home/ecos/ecos/packages/fs/jffs2/current/src/fs-ecos.c 2053

Once we have encountered the cause of these errors, we can no longer
download a file of the same name to JFFS. Even a re-mount of the file
system does not rectify the situation. At present we have to manually
erase the JFFS2 flash image and start over again.

Can anyone shed any light on these errors, why they occur and what, if
anything, can be done to fix the problem(s)?

On a slightly wider point, is JFFS2 sufficiently robust at this point in
its life. We have encountered several 'issues' regarding its deployment
in our product. Any comments welcome.

Cheers All

Andy

--