Re: Inputs required for Embedded Systems Project

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 03:46:43PM +0530, Anupam Chomal wrote:

> My idea is to take a PC104 board, install ecos along with the
> necessary libraries provided by Linux for packet filtering,
> nating, iptables etc.

1) Those aren't libraries, they're kernel modules.

2) Even if they were, you probably couldn't use them with
   eCos without some porting effort.

> 2. Is it really possible/feasible for me to use the libraries
> that come along with linux for packet handling by just
> compiling it with the ecos OS?

No.

Most of the stuff you're talking about aren't libraries anyway;
they're Linux kernel modules.  You can't use Linux kernel
modules with eCos.

> 3. Any suggestions how I can improve on this idea?

Use a Linux kernel if you want to use Linux kernel modules.

There _may_ be "iptables" like code avalable for eCos, but that
sort of code lives down inside the network stack, so it's going
to be specific to the stack.

--
Grant Edwards