Re: Question

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 06:09:08PM +0530, Rajeev Gaba wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've a small question to ask.
> We have an IXP425 based board. We are using AMD flash devices for boot up.
> It is working fine.
> Now If we change the flash device to say SST device, what are all the things
> I may need to change?
> Actually we had tried it but the board could not boot and displayed the
> message
> "FLASH: driver init failed:Driver does not support device"

target ixdp425 {
        alias { "IXDP425 board" ixdp425 }
        packages { CYGPKG_HAL_ARM
                   CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_XSCALE_CORE
                   CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_XSCALE_IXP425
                   CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_XSCALE_IXDP425
                   CYGPKG_IO_PCI
                   CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_INTEL_I82559
                   CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_IXDP425_I82559
                   CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_STRATA
                   CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_IXDP425
        }
        description "
        The ixdp425 target provides the packages needed to run
        eCos on an Intel network processor evaluation board."
}

So the IXP425 normally uses an Strata flash, so your board is probably
strange to start with. Anyway, you need to replace
CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_STRATA with CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_SST_39VFXXX and
replace CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_IXDP425 with a new package you need to write
yourself which interfaces the generic SST driver to your specific
board. Take a look at CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_ARM_AIM711 for an example.

        Andrew