Re: ecos net stack query

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 16:41 -0800, Badri Sampathkumar wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I have just modified the ping_lo_test.c application to ping an external
> address instead of the loopback address. I run only this application.
> My board is sending out a gratituous ARP on startup and when the application
> opens a RAW socket and sends an ICMP echo req, the stck sends
> an ARP request. It gets back an ARP reply that gets queued up in the
> arpintrq and seems to never get processed. it remains in the queue.
>
> I net isr for ARP , is never getting called. I think register_netisr()
> itself is not getting called.
>
> The cyg_net_init() call that handles isr's is not getting a chance to run..

Try running the standard tests, like ping_test.c, unchanged.  If your
network is set up reasonably (a DHCP server that can return a valid
'server' IP), it should run and tell you a lot.

You also did not tell us how you configured your kernel and whether
or not you have verified eCos basic operation (have you run any other
multi-threaded tests)?