From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org [mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Joern Eggers
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:10 AM
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] phyCore MPC565 board

Hi,

I have patches for the phyCore MPC555 board and tried to get eCos
running on the phyCore MPC565 board, but I had no success yet. I am a
newbie to eCos, so may be I am making stupid mistakes. Anyway, this is a
short description of the problems I am facing: There are two different
types of external flash on the board, one at CS0 and the other one at
CS2. External RAM is always at CS1. The flash types are AM29BDD160G and
AM29LV320. I have got drivers for both. The base address of the CS8900a
ethernet controller, which is also on board, is mapped into the memory
region of the AM29LV320 external flash (either CS0 or CS2, depends on
the jumper settings).
I read somewhere, that eCos expects external RAM to be at CS0 and
external flash to be at CS1. Is this true? Unfortunately the board can
not be jumpered in that way. Is there a way to deal with this problem? I
also read that the internal flash of the controller must always be
enabled, and the ROM monitor must start from the internal flash. I tried
to compile RedBoot for RAM startup, uploaded it to the board via Insight
and started it by setting the program counter manually to the RAM. The
seems to be something running on the board (when I step through, the
code is obviously running in a loop), but nothing else then happens, not
even communication over the serial devices. The code seems to be
uploaded correctly, at least I can find the "RedBoot RAM startup" string
stuff in the RAM.
Has anyone already tried to port eCos to the phyCore MPC565 board, or
can someone help me answering my questions?

Many thanks in advance

Joern Eggers
TEWS Elektronik