Adding a different phy to IXP425

Hello
I have a custom IXP425 board based on the Intel reference design.
Instead of using the Intel phys LXT97x, I am using a phy made by ADMTek
ADM7001. There is little difference between the two chips other than the
ID, so I made modified IxEthMii_p.h adding an entry for my new phy and
modified IxEthMii.c to include the new entry, but when I run Redboot, it
seems to find the phy and configure it correctly, but when I try to
ping, I get so data being sent or received. I know the hardware works,
because when I boot up linux, the phy is found and DHCP and everything
else works. My question is: Is there anywhere else I need to modified to
recognize the new phy
Thanks
Mike