Re: how does processor finds redboot image ?

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 06:14:36AM -0500, Sumit Chauhan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your reply, I understand most of it -;)
> I didnt knew basically that by default ARM maps flash at 0x00000000 ,
> anyways, but / so if my redboot is in ROM mode .. redboot_ROM.ecm was
> used, will it keep on executing from flash only ? is this remapping
> done only for ROMRAM, RAM modes I believe,as else we would have been
> able to write the flash anyways -:)

ROM applications execute from ROM. The only exception is when using
the FLASH functions which run from RAM. They have to because you
cannot execute from FLASH while erasing/programming it.

ROMRAM goes through the same mapping process. It then copies itself
from ROM into RAM and then jumps into the RAM copy.

RAM versions do not touch the memory setup. They assume something else
has already do that.

        Andrew