Re: redboot entry point

Gary Thomas wrote:

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 21:18 +0400, Nickolay wrote:

Hallo Guys!

Where is really entry point of REDBOOT bootloader?
I need this for insert debbuging info in code.
i found in /opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages/redboot/current/src/main.c cyg_start function.
Is this starting point of redboot bootloader?

Yes, this is the start of RedBoot, although there is quite a lot of HAL and system initialization that takes place before you get there.

What sort of debug info are you after?

n.b. you should consider upgrading from eCos 2.0 to the CVS
version.

I need debug my IXDP425 new board(custom work).
I did write redboot.bin on the flash via JTAG interface and try boot, but see nothing on the console.
But three leds lighted. I'm not sure, what it is mean.
I did insert leds blinking in cyg_start, but think that system hanged before cyg_start(as you say HAL and system initialization).
In what file this HAL and system initialization be done?

Thanks!