To: "Gonçalo Antunes" <gmma@gmma.net>
Cc: "eCos Discussion" <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] simple hello world on i386 target

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 21:13 +0100, Gonçalo Antunes wrote:
Hello again!

I configured the eCos installation with the "i386PC target" template, put
the Startup Type to FLOPPY and
built it.
I wrote a simple hello world program, compiled it ok and then make the
i386-elf-objcopy -O binary hello hello.bin
and then:
dd conv=sync if=hello.bin of=/dev/fd0
for it to run booting from the floppy disk...

The program is a simple thread in a loop that prints out "Hello World"...
It should boot up and start printing "HelloWorld"... but it doesn't!
After booting nothing is on the screen... just the cursor blinking...
I launch the threan on the cyg_user_start... I think I am doing everything
by the book...but it does not work.

can you help me?

Did you configure it to use the screen as it's debug I/O device? Note that the default is to use COM1 (the first serial port) since it is more common to have only serial connections than VGA screens for truly embedded systems.