Re: Porting Ecos on MPC823

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I have Motorola MPC8XXFADS Evaluation board + MPC823FADSDB (processor MPC 823) (Daughter board) Combination.
As per the information on ecos site (http://ecos.sourceware.org/hardware.html#PowerPC)
eCos is supporting Motorola MPC860 (Processor) + MPC8xxFADS (Eval Board). but Redboot support is not thr for this combination.
In configuration tool thr is an option for MPC 823 processor with Hardware  as "Motorola MPC8XX FADS Boards"
So I am trying to use U-Boot as a Boot loader to Download my ecos based application.

Pls suggest
if I am wrong pls correct me.

Thanks in advance

Thanks and regards,
Aniket Joshi

Senior Software Engineer
Larsen & Toubro Ltd,
Embedded System & Software (EmSys),
KIADB Industrial Estate Hebbal
Hootagalli, Mysore,
State: Karnataka,
India
PIN: 570018

Ph:+91-821-2402561 Ext:2765/2773
FAX: +91-821-2403752
http://www.lntemsys.com

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 11:32 +0530, Aniket S Joshi wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have Motorola MPC823 FADS board , I want to port ecos on this
> borad. But the problem is Bootloder. For this perticulare board
> thr is no supoort of RedBoot. I am planning to use U-Boot as a
> Boot loader.
> I have all the Source code related to U-Boot (without Toolchain
> for ppc-8xx)
> i want to build toolchain for PPC-8xx. Currently i am searching
> for tool chain source code.
> Is thr any other way to do this task?

Look on the eCos web site - there is very detailed information
about how to build and install cross tools.

Also, once you port eCos, you automatically can have RedBoot,
so why bother with U-Boot?  Just use the U-Boot sources as a
guide if you need and you'll be all set.