Re: Anybody ported Redboot/eCos to Atmel AT91SAM7 chips ?

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:45:18PM +0200, Matt Kober wrote:
> Hi all,
> I got my hands on an AT91SAM7S IAR development kit and was wondering
> if anybody got Redboot / ecos up and running on that target platform.
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

I nearly got to do a port for my company, but they then decide to use
a different RTOS :-(

I did take a look. My first impressions was it should not be too
hard. The serial ports, SPI, timers and power management units all
look compatible with the existing AT91 drivers. The watchdog unit
looks different, but its not a particularly complex bit of hardware.

This hardware i ment to be used with the code running from flash. The
flash has zero wait states. This will however make debugging with
normal gdb a little difficult since you cannot insert software break
points. I did not have chance to see how well the hardware debug macro
was intergrated into gdb. I think this would be the key thing to
check.

        Andrew