Redboot v1.92 IXP425 Board w/o EEPROM

Hi,

I know this issue was discussed recently, but, however,
the following hint did not work for us:

 Mark Salter <msalter at redhat dot com> said:
> No need to edit the code. RedBoot can be configured to use either an
> EEPROM or flash to hold the mac address. Add this to the redboot .ecm
> file you import with ecosconfig:
>
> cdl_option  CYGSEM_DEVS_ETH_ARM_IXDP425_EEPROM {
>    user_value 0
>}
>
> This will configure RedBoot to use the flash rather than an EEPROM.

The problem: We have a IXP425 based board very close
to the IXDP425 development platform, but WITHOUT EEPROM!

That means: Redboot v1.92 messages errors when trying
to read the EEPROM and does not find a network interface.

How do we have to modify the Redboot 1.92 sources to let
it compile with one NPE  as network interface, e.g. storing
the MAC address in Flash?

Cheers,
Stefan.