Re: _ftime function

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 12:16 +0200, Nelly PISON wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We're working on a project  and testing it on the Linux synthetic target.
> We need to read the absolute time in ms and we searh for the fonction
> _ftime and structure _timeb that are used in the snmp package.
> But we have undefined reference error then . We search _ftime in all the
> packages and don't founf it!!
> How can we do to have this function defined?

'ftime()' is obsolete and not implemented by eCos.  The reference in the
SNMP package is unused.

Try looking at 'gettimeofday()'.  One example is in:
  packages/net/ppp/current/src/sys-ecos.c

Note: unless your target implements a 'wallclock' device and you somehow
set the time, eCos will not have any notion of the absolute time, only
how long it has been running.