problem writing a serial hardware interface driver

Hello,

I'm porting a BSP from PSOS to the HAL from ECOS (my target is a PPC860) for my
application, and I have a problem writing my serial hardware interface driver.
I already have all my I/O function "handlers" to attach to the
DEVTAB_ENTRY/handlers,  but
I don't understand what is exactly done in the DEVTAB_ENTRY/"module_init"
function.
Here are my questions:
1) Is there a setup of the serial device driver already done in the ECOS's HAL
(before the DEVTAB_ENTRY/init), or do I have to add MY driver setup in the
hal_variant_init() or in the hal_platform_init()?
2) the DEVTAB_ENTRY/"init" function is said to be "called when eCos is
initialized. This function can query the device, setup hardware, etc."
When is it exactly called in the HAL? in which file?
3) What am I supposed to initialize exactly in the DEVTAB_ENTRY/init function?
4) Is there a "Print()" function furnished with ECOS to print messages on the
console when my serial device driver will be installed?

Sincerely yours,

Jenny