eCos kernel elf format

Hi

I have broadcom MIPS32 DSL board which I want to load Ecos on it. I also
want to use my own bootloader. Here is my questions:

1) How to I create single elf with eCos kernel (not redboot). is this
possible?
2) How to run a simple application on my board after step 1 is done, or
there exist another way to bundle both together as a single executable
file

Any detailed steps is appreciated. Thanks.

Michael