Re: ECOS - MIPS

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 04:38:23PM +0300, K. Sinan YILDIRIM wrote:
> hi!
>
> I examined the MIPS platform ports for Ecos. I have some problems and i am a
> little bit confused.
>

> As far as i see, we cannot configure or compile ecos without
> selecting a target platform. One of the Mips targets i examined was
> Atlas board. when i configure ecos with configtool, it generates a
> buildtree with the atlas board spesific headers.
>
> Is there a possible way to configure ecos without using a target
> platform ? or jusy empty macros or platform specific functions? I
> want to have a clean and a MIPS ported code and then fill these
> functions according to my board. Is there a way to do this ?  I dont
> want to inspect atlas board specific codes or compile atlas platform
> files.

The normal way of doing a port is to take an existing port which is
the most similar and modify it to work for your target. So if you
board is like the atlas, then use the atlas for a starting point. If
its more like a tx49 then use the tx49 as a starting point.

In the repository you need to copy the HAL files from you choosen
starting target to a directory for your target. You then need to start
making the modifications, and add the necassary entries in the
packages/ecos.db file.

There is a documentation about doing a port. See

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-porting-guide.html

        Andrew