Re: : Is eCos Hard Real Time OS ??

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Andrew Lunn wrote:

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 04:37:42PM +0530, R Vamshi Krishna wrote:

Is eCos a Hard Real Time OS ?

No, its a soft real time system. It never give guarantees that task X will finish by time Z, which is the normal definition of hard real time. eCos will do its best to ensure that the high priority task gets to run before the low priority task, which for most embedded systems is enough.

Andrew

Then what parts do I re-write to make it hard-real time ?
Because I want to use eCos but also I need a hard reak-time
OS.

-- Vamshi