Re: AT91RM9200-EK Port

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:19:59 +1000, stewart hamilton wrote:

> Hi John
>
> I know its early days yet.  But as we are just about to embark on an
> evaluation of ecos on the
> AT91RM9200-EK board and have no previous ecos experience, was wondering how
> your port to this board is going
>
> Regards
> Stewart

Stewart,

I haven't actually started yet. I have spent the last two days inspecting
the ARM HAL structure. The AT91RM9200 present a bit of a conundrum - it is
a an at91 part as well as an arm9 part. At this point I am not sure
whether to start it as an at91 variant and use the stuff from the arm9 HAL
as well, or start with an arm9 platfrom and just use the at91 variants a e
reference. At this point in time I am leaning towards the arm9 starting
point just because stuff like cahces and MMU controllers has already been
used in these platforms.

Please keep in touch, might be nice to share the experience.

John