Re: using threads causes exceptions

Hi,

I'm using eCos on an XScale PXA270 and i have a problem using threads. My
program does only start a thread from main() and after this function calls
from thread causes ABORT DATA exceptions (MMU info: Imprecise External Data
Abort). Even a printf causes this exception. The strange thing is, the eCos
thread tests are working, even the stress test. Do i have to do some
initialisation? Should i better use cyg_start() instead of main()?

Using main() is just fine. Most likely, you've not created the stack for the thread correctly. Or perhaps it's something within your thread itself.

Have you tried running the program using GDB?  Then you can catch
the culprit and know where to start looking.

So ... made it through gdb which gave me: [New Thread 2]

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
[Switching to Thread 2]
0xa008c72c in main_stack ()

This version is a bit smaller and does give me no exceptions like ABORT DMA, but only the gdb output. Any suggestions?

Bye...