re: error in hal_thread_load_context

Hi,

I want to use eCos on an IBM eval Board with a ppc405ep powerpc processor. So
I started to change the eCos database and implemented the files which I need
in my thought. At the moment I want to initialize the board and start the
helloworld application. I want to initialize the board in single step modus
with a debugger. Bur in the following part of
FUNC_START(hal_thread_load_context) the debugger enters the exception mode
between the steps from 2b888 to 2b88c.

      lwz     r3,CYGARC_PPCREG_MSR(sp)       # merge interrupt state
   2b87c: 80 61 00 90  lwz r3,144(r1)
        hal_cpu_int_merge r3
   2b880: 7c 00 00 a6  mfmsr r0
   2b884: 50 60 04 20  rlwimi r0,r3,0,16,16
   2b888: 7c 00 04 ac  sync
   2b88c: 7c 00 01 24  mtmsr r0
   2b890: 7c 00 04 ac  sync

If I change r0 manually the debugger goes through without an error. At the
moment I do not know which file I have to change so that I can normally go on
with initializing my board.
Thanks for your helping. If there is anything you want to know please write to
LarsHerzfeld@gmx.de

That sounds like a problem I had with my XScale board. Make sure you have no pending IRQ's. Check all IRQ registers (maybe from redboot) and try disable possible IRQ sources. Because the "hello world" example is based on main() function, it will be started in a new thread and the context change will enable the IRQ's.

You could also try the eCos tests. If the basic (from hal) test work and the context not, you have the pending IRQ problem.

Bye...