Re: How to debug a Ethernet Device Driver via network

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 09:42 +0800, Tianjun-ZDK wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> 	I'm in progress of developing a Ethernet Device Driver.
> And I want to connect the target Via Ethernet,but it seems
> the network will down as long as my own NIC driver call
>
> 	(sc->funs->eth_drv->init)( sc, unsigned char *enaddr );

I don't understand what you are saying here.  This function needs
to initialize your hardware and then tell the upper level driver
that it's ready.  Look at the existing drivers to see how it's done.

> can somebody tell me that whetherr eCos can support more than
> one NIC or not.And if it supports,how to config the network.

eCos certainly can support more then one interface.  The builtin
defaults easily handle a system with two and the simplified call
"init_all_network_devices()" (called from a user application) will
fully initialize and configure those devices.