Re: Mapping hardware registers to virtual address in RedBoot

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 09:31:07AM +1000, Benny Chen wrote:
> Hi there,
> Can anyone tell me where can I get information on how to map hardware
> registers to virtual address in RedBoot so that I can access the
> registers using utilities like 'dump', 'mcopy'..etc.
>
> I had a look at the hal_platform_setup.h file, this code is written in
> assembler, which is not very helpful for me.  I am using the cirrus
> edb9301 development board.

eCos uses a 1:1 mapping between physical and virtual addresses. So
just try accessing the memory and see what happens. If they are part
of the "normal" set of registers it should just work. If they are
special regisetes outside of the normal range you might need to extent
the MMU setup to allow you access.

        Andrew