Re: ixp42x NPE networking build issue.

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Mark Salter wrote:

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 21:39 +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Karel Gardas wrote:

jerzy.dyrda@kontron.pl got the older NPE driver working as a full eCos
driver. But the 2_01 Intel code is a good bit different and I wasn't
able to include Jerzy's work due to time constraints in the contract
that paid for the RedBoot-only port.

Thanks to you both Mark and Andrew! The only older version available on the intel website seems to be 1.94, I hope this is what Jerzy used and which will also do the job for me.

FYI: adding npe-1.4.epk to the current CVS fails with:

silence:/usr/local/src/cvs/ecos/ecos/packages$ ./ecosadmin.tcl add /tmp/rebdoot/npe-1.4.epk
ecosadmin error: extracting pkgadd.db:
tar: Read 6144 bytes from -
silence:/usr/local/src/cvs/ecos/ecos/packages$

so it seems manual "merge" will be needed...

6144 bytes looks wrong. tar should be reading around 1MB. Looks like something is wrong with the .epk file. The file is really a gzip'ed tarball, so "tar -ztf npe-1.4.epk" should give you a list of the contents.

Yes, I think the intention of the error above is that ecosadmin "detects" error in pkgadd.db and exists making tar also exists. Anyway, the file is OK, I've decomplressed it and did
cat pkgadd.db >> <path>/ecos.db

I've also copied Jerzy's if_npe.c and now I'm fighting with various compilation issues. Generaly Intel code's complaining about RebBoot not enabled. Is RedBoot required for this to work? i.e. do I need to build my NPE-enabled eCos app including RedBoot just to be able to build it?

Thanks,
Karel
--
Karel Gardas                  kgardas@objectsecurity.com