Re: Building eCos 2.0b1 from Source for i386

Andrew Lunn-2 wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 09:38:44AM -0800, jess_lyn (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
>>

>> now i have the proper source. can u tell me how to set it all up for
>> my requirement. i should be able to compile a version of ecos for
>> i386. i have a ebook from anthony j massa about ecos. but its
>> windows oreinted whereas my work is with linux. theres nothing
>> mentioned in that book about configuring the whole package using
>> configure script in the main folder. i tried like this
>>
>> in the main folder
>>
>> mkdir build; cd build
>> ../configure --target=i386 --prefix=/opt/ecos-i386
>>
>> when i try make i get the following error
>>
>> no rule to make all
>
> What do you have in your top level?
>
> You should have:
>
> COPYING    Makefile.am  acinclude.m4  configure*    eCos.hhc   host/
> CVS/       Makefile.in  aclocal.m4    configure.in  eCos.hhp   images/
> ChangeLog  README.host  acsupport/    doc/          examples/  packages/
>
> It is common for people to not check out acsupport and host. Do you
> have these?
>
>         Andrew
>
> --

i have everything you mentioned except for eCos.hhc, host/ eCos.hhp & images/ . and i do have acsupport folder.

regards

jess_lyn

--
Sent from the Sourceware - ecos-discuss forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/Building-eCos-2.0b1-from-Source-for-i386-t807764.html#a2134887