eCos - gdb error inappropriate ioctl for device

Hi,

I am using eCos for x86 with RedBoot and Insight 5.3. Telnet through
serial is working fine and I could able to load my application and it
runs fine.

I am using cygwin with Windows XP.

If I am trying to connect the target through GDB-insight through serial
port it is giving

	"error inappropriate ioctl for device"

Error.

While using GDB telnet is closed and no other application is using
serial port.

Please help on this.

Thanks,
S.Venkatakrishna