RE: getting started question

-----Original Message-----
From: Bart Veer [mailto:bartv@ecoscentric.com]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 1:59 PM
To: Sundius, Michael
Cc: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [ECOS] getting started question

    Mike> Ecosconfig new atlas_mips32_4kc

    Mike> I get lots of error messages (pages and pages of them) like
    Mike> the following:

    Mike> ecos.db, package CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_MBX: warning
    Mike>     This package does not have any valid version
subdirectories.

    Mike> Could anyone tell me what is up, and how I can proceed?

>Sounds like you are running under Windows with an old version of the
>configtool. Try the latest version from
>http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml
>
>Bart
------------------

Whoa,

Just ran

$ configtool -v

And got a pop up indicating:

	eCos Configuration Tool ..... version 2.0, May 9 2003

This is pretty wild since I just downloaded this stuff..
That is I downloaded the file

	Ecos-install.tcl

And then I ran it.. I choose a mirror site

	Planetmirror.com

When I was finished downloading the tools and ecos, I
Ran the environment setup script: "ecosenv.sh"

Then I ran the configtool and or ecosconfig.

That of course is where I had problems. Note that I also
Tried to build the host tools by running

 Mkdir build
 Cd build
 /src/ecos/ecos-2.0/configure
 Make

This failed too.. I forget the error message but it had not gotten too
far..

--------
All that aside, why did I get such old code? Was I looking in the way
wrong place? Well I'll try the link that you gave me..