Re: ixp425 bsp porting...exception at hal_xscale_core_init

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 16:41 +0530, vijay.peshkar@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As part of my initial checking of my new ixp425 based board,
> am downloading a redboot.img built for GRG and am stepping thru it.
> All goes fine till in hal_xscale_core_init an exception
> Occurs on line 4. "mcr  p15,0,r0,c14,c4,0\n"   // dbcon
>
> Am suspecting if my multi-ice debugger is the culprit stopping
> the coprocessor configuration. Any pointers?.
> Also, any material on the co-processor programming in ixp?.

That coprocessor is common to all XScale cores. It is used to
provide debugging support for software and jtag based debuggers.
So, there is a conflict between the RedBoot debugging support
and the multi-ice. RedBoot doesn't really need to use the
debug coprocessor (except for hw watchpoint/breakpoint). You
could add a cdl option to disable RedBoot's use of it.

--Mark