running ecos 2.0 on Excalibur

Hi,

I am trying to run eCos 2.0 example applications over excalibur EPXA1.
I made a default configuration and compiled the examples to generate
the .elf file. I tried to load and run it through the arm-elf-gdb provided
with the arm gnu pre-compiled toolchain provided in the ecos site. This was
in a Linux PC.
I connect arm-elf-gdb remotely to the gdbstub aplication running on a
Windows PC. This PC is connected through the Byteblaster II cable to the
Excalibur. It seems that the elf file loads right, but when I run it, i obtain
swi 0x50 error appearing at the hyperterminal. It is a problem with this
arm-elf -gdb? (The configuration of the stripe that I use is that by
default with the getting started example).

I have read the past posts, but it did not gave me clues enough to solve this.
If somebody already ran eCos on excalibur board, is there some tricky
points to keep into account (maybe variables to modify, memory map,
compilation swichtes, toolchain versions,...)

Thanks in advance for your help

regards!

Fernando Herrera
Microelectronics Engineering Group
E.T.S.I.Industriales y Telecom. TEISA Dpt.
University of Cantabria
Avda. Los Castros s/n, 39005
Santander, Spain
   fherrera@teisa.unican.es