Re: [redboot] Compiling & Linking Apps.

David Fernandez <dfernandez@cct.co.uk> writes:

> I see what you mean, at least for some of the examples in eCos. Lets say
> that I'm trying to replace or add some binary parts in my application
> without having to recompile and include a the common application code
> and/or a c library in each binary.

In this case what you want is the object loader (in
services/objloader). It allows object files to be loaded and linked in
to an existing executable. Very similar to the way that kernel modules
work in Linux.

So what you need to do is build a base application containing all the
parts of the C library you will need, and then load the extra parts as
you need them.

The loader is fairly new, and there is currently only support for
handling PowerPC and i386 relocations. However, it is easily exendable
to other platforms.

--
Nick Garnett                                 eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com            The eCos and RedBoot experts