RE: Re: DSR stops running after heavy interrupts. Spurious Interrupt!

Nick,
Thanks for you reply.

Your right.  Not calling the interrupt_end() routine would cause the lock
not to be released.  After your comment I started looking closer at my
modification.

My original modification of:
/hal/arm/arch/current/src/vectors.S file at line 951.
  cmp     v1,#CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_NONE   <-- from this
  cmp     r0,#CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_NONE   <-- to this

v1 originally contained the interrupt vector.  But I mistakenly believed
this was the check of the return value from the ISR.  I modified it to look
at r0, the return value from the isr. The return value from the isr will be
0-3 (really 1 or 3).  The CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_NONE is -1! (for some reason
I thought it was +1 looking at the assembly listing)

Bottom line, my modification made sure that interrupt_end() would always be
called, even when v1 == CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_NONE (spurious interrupt).

I just did a quick test with the original code and verified that when a
spurious interrupt occurs, the interrupt_end() routine is not called and the
lock is not released and my problem occurs.

Calling the interrupt_end() routine with a spurious interrupt did not seem
to break anything.  Was there a reason why interrupt_end() should not be
called on spurious interrupts?

Now to figure out why I am getting a spurious interrupt with the simple UART
code listed below?

What should I look for in attempting to eliminate spurious interrupts?  Can
they be eliminated?

What modifications to eCos source or my project is in order for dealing with
spurious interrupts correctly?

#define CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_22   22
#define CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_21   21
#define CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_20   20
#define CYG_HAL_PRI_HIGH           0

static cyg_interrupt  btuart_interrupt_new_object;
static cyg_handle_t   btuart_interrupt_handle;
static cyg_vector_t   btuart_interrupt_vector   = CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_21;
static cyg_priority_t btuart_interrupt_priority = CYG_HAL_PRI_HIGH;

unsigned int isr_rx_count = 0;

cyg_uint32 btuart_interrupt_isr(
  cyg_vector_t vector,
  cyg_addrword_t data)
{
  unsigned int iir, lsr, rbr;

  iir = PXA255_BTIIR;

  // check if RX FIFO interrupt
  if((iir & PXA255_IIR_IID_INT_ID_MASK) ==
PXA255_IIR_IID_RX_FIFO_INT_PENDING)
  {
    lsr = PXA255_BTLSR;
    while(lsr & PXA255_LSR_DR_DATA_READY)
    {
      rbr = PXA255_BTRBR;
      isr_rx_count++;
      lsr = PXA255_BTLSR;
    }
  }

  cyg_interrupt_acknowledge(vector);

  return(CYG_ISR_HANDLED);
}

void serial_port_start(void)
{
  // GPIO and UART inits here...

  cyg_interrupt_create(
    btuart_interrupt_vector,
    btuart_interrupt_priority,
    0,
    &btuart_interrupt_isr,
    0,
    &btuart_interrupt_handle,
    &btuart_interrupt_new_object);

  cyg_interrupt_attach(btuart_interrupt_handle);

  cyg_interrupt_unmask(btuart_interrupt_vector);

  // UART interupt enabled here...
}

Joe Porthouse
Toptech Systems, Inc.