Re: cyg_thread_delay on ARM7 crashes randomly

Brett Delmage <Brett.Delmage@twobikes.ottawa.on.ca> writes:

> On Mon, 1 May 2006, Andrew Lunn wrote:
>
> > Do you have CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG enabled? Enabling it might give some
> > interesting results.
>
> Yes, with all assert options enabled. Nothing is reported. I only see
> output when I also have CYGDBG_USE_TRACING enabled, but then that seems to
> mask the problem. Heisenbug.

Since this problem is timing based, using tracing is not going to
help. You could try turning on instrumentation and when the crash
occurs take a look at the instrumentation buffer from JTAG and see
what was happening just before.

Given that eCos doesn't exhibit this problem on other platforms, the
most likely cause of this is a bug in the LPC2xxx HAL. So you should
probably concentrate your efforts there.

--
Nick Garnett                                 eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com            The eCos and RedBoot experts