Re: Compiling eCOS with IAR

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

> I already tried compiling using -Os and I end up with lwIP
> taking up approx. 64Kb, zlib approx 27Kb, plus the kernel and
> my code, and all this is larger than the 128Kb of my EEPROM. I
> also tried compiling using THUMB instructions, but GCC crashes
> while trying to compile eCOS in this mode.
>
> I think this is going to end up by being forced to use IAR and
> a *very* small footprint RTOS like FreeRTOS.

Is IAR codesize really that much smaller?

If it were me, I'd probably try Gnu and a smaller footprint OS
first (uC/OS, FreeRTOS, XMK, etc.), but that's just be cause I
don't do Windows.

> It's a pity, because I was beginning to like eCOS. I found it
> very complete.

Unfortunately, complete takes memory.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Yow! Are we laid
                                  at               back yet?