Re: error: no memory region specified for loadable '.ram_vectors'

My questions are:

1. Why message: "...hello.bin": not in executable format: File format not
recognized." turn up?

gdb wants the elf file, not the binary you produced.

Ok, finally I use the hello.out, which is the elf file (I guess so...)
I successfully load it using gdb (and tsim eval version, I haven't use the real target). Eventhoght it can be loaded, but tsim refuse to run it. Here is the message:
[agus@localhost sparc-elf-3.2.3]$ sparc-rtems-gdb hello.out

GNU gdb 5.3

There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.

This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=sparc-tsim-elf"...

(gdb) tar extended-remote localhost:1234

Remote debugging using localhost:1234

0x00000000 in ?? ()

(gdb) load

Start address 0x40001300, load size 70832

Transfer rate: 566656 bits in <1 sec, 276 bytes/write.

(gdb) run

The program being debugged has been started already.

Start it from the beginning? (y or n) y

Starting program: /home/agus/work/project-eCos/LEON/sparc-elf-3.2.3/hello.out

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.

0x00000008 in ?? ()

(gdb)

1. Why this tsim said: "Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction"

2. How to create 'the executable file'? I was successfully created ecos
bootable disk (run in PC, showing hello ecos). I enter command (in cygwin
environment):

[cygwin-agus]$ dd conv=sync if=hello.bin of=/dev/fd0

What should I do to produce the same executable (or bootable <?>) file?

How do you intend to get the image onto the system? Does it have a floppy and a BIOS to boot it? Are you going to burn it into an EEPROM? Do you have a JTAG interface to load the program into RAM?

If I successfully run this 'hello.out' file, the next step I plan to load ogg-vorbis decoder into Altera Stratix FPGA board. I don't know yet where I will put the image (?) into this board (wether into SRAM or EEPROM or something else). This ogg-vorbis decoder will run under eCos (and LEON implemented on this board).

Thank you, Andrew

Regards,
Agus Ariffianto