Thanks for the help.

Andre

On 30-May-06, at 23:08 , Grant Edwards wrote:

On 2006-05-31, Andre-John Mas <ajmas@sympatico.ca> wrote:

Is it accepted to include the ecos kernel in a redboot image?

No, I don't think so. At least I've never heard of that being done, and based on what I know of things I don't think it can work. Redboot is purely a "mainloop" type polling application, and the the eCos kernel requires interrupts be enabled.

I am working on some existing code for my company and when the
kernel is included in the boot we have trouble debugging. What
happens, is when we connect using gdm the application gets
sent, but stalls. The serial connection then stalls and then
timesout.

Any idea?

What are you trying to accomplish by including the eCos Kernel in RedBoot?

-- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Is something VIOLENT
at going to happen to a
visi.com GARBAGE CAN?

--
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ ecos